Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Internship - #237726
Hours per week
Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Internship
Note – This 6-month internship position has a start date in August 2022 and is only open to students who are currently enrolled in a Dutch University and are present in the Netherlands.
Are you somebody that is passionate about Supply Chain Procurement, understands data and gets a thrill out of making sense of numbers? If yes, keep reading! We may have something in store for you!
We are GrandVision, well-known by our retail banners such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Apollo, Solaris, and many more!
Our global store network are the go-to locations for all the top brands in the eyewear industry, including Ray-Ban, Oakley, Gucci, but also popular for our comprehensive selection of exclusive and indie brands.
As the Strategic Sourcing & Porcurement Intern at GrandVision HQ, you will work closely with our Procurement Operations Manager (Lenses) alongside our external partners and internal stakeholders to support the strategic transformation of the procurement function and day-to-day operations. During this internship, you will be a part of the Global Procurement Department, a team of 12 members in total. The department is divided into the following areas: Exclusive Brands Frames, Non-exclusive Brands Frames, Lenses Contact Lenses (CL).
- Work together with Operating Companies to contribute to an efficient and effective Supply Chain and Procurement process and be part of strategic procurement projects.
- Support the team with analytics capabilities, focusing on reporting and follow up on data management with Operating Companies and Global Suppliers.
- Create reports on supplier and Lens category performance.
- Support the team with updating data, consolidating information and overall master data.
- Work with the Finance department and suppliers to support the process around invoicing flows.
- Help find new ways to add value to our customer journey (from a Procurement point of view).
- Support and coordinate daily tasks for the Lenses category.
- Assist Operating Companies with Lenses category procurement inquiries.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- You are currently a Bachelor’s or master’s student studying a relevant degree.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs, especially Excel.
- Good analytical capability.
- Good sense of task organization, attentive to detail, accurate.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills in English.
- Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience.
- High level of energy and ambition to realize a positive impact.
- Note: Thesis support may be provided for this internship.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
2. Questionnaire & Recruiter call
3. 1st Interview
4. Online Assessment & 2nd Interview